Requirements for Passing
To pass this course, you have to
I also recommend to attend all classes, although attendance is not mandatory. There will be no final exam.
- successfully carry out and report on the warm-up project and submit it by the deadline (no teaming),
- successfully carry out a research project, which includes a project proposal (to be submitted by the deadline stated in the course schedule), weekly snippets, and a final project report. For the project, you can team up with up to two other students.
- successfully pass the midterm exam
Policies on Snippets
- Each project group must submit weekly snippets that summarize the progress in the project work.
- The snippets and our comments will be in an online collaborative document (instructions forthcoming - stay tuned!)
- Each project team will be granted a total of six late days for snippets.
Policy on Teaming
- Warm-up assignments. You have to work on your own. No teaming.
- Project: You are encouraged to work in teams of up to three people for your research project.
- Effort Reporting: When teaming, you have to declare the percentage effort provided by each team member in your project report. This will require that you track the level of effort and jointly agree on such a statement.
Policy on Grading
The grade will break down as follows:
- Warm-up assignments: 10%
- Midterm exam: 30%
- Research project: 60% (snippets will be considered in the final project grade)
Announcements will be made on the Announcement Page and via Email to all registered students in this course. Please screen this Web site for possible announcements and policy changes.